Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hanging Up My (Cancer) Hat, Literally

Today's project:
Turning this . . .

Overflowing Drawer of Headscarves


into this . . .




Beautiful Colorful Wallhanging

Not only does it solve the Way Too Many White Walls in my new house problem, it solves the What To Do With All My Beautiful Headscarves Once My Hair Grows Back problem (What a great problem to have!!).  My head still definitely qualifies as "bald," though it's starting to fill in slowly, so it's fortunate that this dynamic scarf storage system offers easy access to all headgear.  I would tell you all the ckraphty details, but this blog is about cancer, not home decorating, so you'll have to find out through some other channel.

Thanks to my friend Jodi who is visiting and was the inspiration behind this project!


Medical Update:
I feel great.  My eyebrows are filling back out to their normal, bushy selves . . .
Oh . . . I do have a little bit of real news.  My PT/INR (blood thinness) levels have been stable enough that I now only need to get checked once a month.  Meaning: I only have to get poked once a month until further notice.  Well, I do have another blood test tomorrow, an AFP count (the big one), but after that I'm on the once a month schedule.  I'll post the results when I receive them, probably on Tuesday, but I'm anticipating a nice, medically boring week and heading off to Kansas on Friday.




2 comments: