Monday, May 10, 2010

You're Invited to the Green Party

In honor of the demise of Grazelda the deviant ovary, to celebrate the close of chemotherapy, coumadin, and cancer, for the general merriment of all and enjoyment of foods rich in Vitamin K, if you're reading this blog post, 

YOU'RE INVITED 

to a potluck of foods that are green.

What: The Green Party
When: Friday, May 21.  6:00 pm.
Where: Margaret's House.  Tucson.  Email me for directions.
What to Bring: a dish to share that contains some substantial amount of Vitamin K (ingredient suggestions below)
What to Wear: Green, of course!
Why: "Because I'd rather eat spinach than chocolate.  Well, most of the time . . . " -mp

There are rumors of the Great Green Vegetable Pasta, maybe some All-Green Twister, and Jodi's in town!

RSVP if you get a chance to pennermk AT gmail DOT com 

***********
A Dozen Foods Containing Lots of Vitamin K:
Leafy Greens (except iceberg lettuce)
Brussels Sprouts
Broccoli
Green Onions
Asparagus
Cilantro
Cabbage/Sauerkraut
Okra
Black-eyed peas
Green Peas
Parsley
Endive

(because I had to do an image search to find out what an endive looks like)

An exhaustive list can be found here: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR20/nutrlist/sr20w430.pdf

Oh yeah, as far as I can tell, my physical health has never been better.  Yanking the port went well.   My scar is healing nicely, and I'm working on a necklace - if anyone has experience converting medical devices into jewelry, drop me a line. 

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there! Instead, I'll just post a recipe. It just so happens that one of my current favorite bloggers posted an appropriate recipe today:
    http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/05/10/kale-and-carrot-salad/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FoodInJars+%28Food+in+Jars%29

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come too! No fair. Its great to hear that things are going well.

    SVS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie and I will make sure to eat some greens here in Kansas in solidarity with you. We've already been eating salads straight out of our garden this spring. We haven't been able to decide if dandelions count as 'salad' yet though. We are a house divided on that one. (although we sure do have a lot of them). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete