Sunday, January 10, 2010

Grazelda's Favorite Hits - Part II: Soundtrack

You should listen to this while reading this post:



I received a number of CDs during my convalescence, both mix CDs and full albums.  I have enjoyed each one in their own way, but here are the top 10 songs that have become the soundtrack to my stint with cancer and chemotherapy. 

1. The Re-Arranger by Mates of State
"I know it's impossible.  / But you should try to shake it off."

2. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing by Brothers Frantzich
"Seal it for thy quarts above . . ."

3. When It Don't Come Easy by Patty Griffin
"But if you break down / I'll drive out and find you"

4. Missed the Boat by Modest Mouse
"And we carried it all so well"

5. Hard Times by eastmountainsouth
"'. . . tis a song, a sigh of the weary . . ."

6. So Strong by Freedom School Soundtrack
"Something inside so strong . . ."

7. Summerstone by House of Doc
"And we got this song"

8. How You Survived the War by The Weepies
"I think you can choose to love and what is more / That is how you survived the war"

9. Innocent by Our Lady Peace
"While she wishes she was a dancer / and that she'd never heard of cancer"

10. Rain Before the Fall by House of Doc
"the patches that remain are the memories I made / and all the good we've done"

Special mention goes to my friend Hannah.  Half of these songs are off the mix she made, including my hands-down favorite cancer song of the season, Innocent by Our Lady Peace, which is what you've been listening to if you followed directions.  That CD still makes me cry often enough that I have deemed it dangerous to listen to while driving and have removed it from my car. 




No comments:

Post a Comment