Monday, August 31, 2009

Therapy 2.1


Today was the first day of Round 2, starting with 5 days straight of chemo. In other words, "the hard week." Monday's chemo is done. 2 pokes today - the first IV had a weird problem and gave me pain. Because my veins are so small, and not very accessible and only usable in my right arm (so as not to disturb my clotted left), my nurse Shirley left the second one in and is hoping to use it again tomorrow. This also means I have one of those stylish fishnets on my elbow tonight, which I think goes with my super-cute (what Allison calls my "street urchin") hat. I got to put another sticker on the front of my binder (my visual count of chemo sessions), and got to open another present from my Happy Basket. And when I got home all I wanted to do was take a nap. It's still amazing to me that I can sit in a chair all day (it was a 9-3 kinda day again), doing almost nothing, and come home feeling so wiped out - although today was not a hit-by-a-freight-train feeling, more like hit-by-a-compact-car. I would so much rather be exhausted from climbing ladders in the Tucson summer.

So, tonight's hope is for a good sleep and that my IV is usable tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Hey. Glad you got some dancing in before this bout. Maybe sore muscles will distract you from the nausea. I didn't ask what you did in those liberated(ing) 3 hours. Just hope you enjoyed them.

    thanks for sharing all this
    pljh welda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the fishnets come in black, too?

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great.

    There are a lot of people at East pulling for you. Grazelda doesn't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with AP-its definitely a street urchin hat.
    SVS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work with your mom at Plains Jr. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer on Aug. 4. Today was the start of my chemo treatment. I feel ok now but the unknown is scary. I am along side you, girl. We don't know each other but we certainly share a common goal. Stay strong.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcie - (sorry for the slow response, I just found your comment today)
    I am so sorry you have to go through this too. It sucks, but you will find the strength to endure and to fight. You will.
    Love to you,
    margaret

    ReplyDelete