Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Therapy 2.2


Well, I woke up from my Post-Chemo Nap to my Blood-Thinner Alarm, and I'm still tired. Today was a busy day in the chemo room, my regular seats were taken, and I ended up for most of the time between two older women, one of whom I'd seen several times before. Liz was her name, and she comes in fairly frequently just for IV hydration. We had a long-ish conversation about international travels and how nice it is to get cards when you have cancer. The woman on my other side was on her first day of chemo who also had ovarian cancer (of a different sort) and she had some questions about loosing her eyelashes (mine seem to be firmly rooted, along with my eyebrows) and just general stuff. It was kind of crazy to feel like an "experienced" person, but I guess once your hair falls out, people assume you know something about life.

Speaking of hair loss, my big breakthrough this weekend was figuring out how to fold bandanna-sized scarves to that they cover my whole big bald head. This essentially triples my head-covering options, allowing me to wear great funky scarves such as the above (Thanks, Stacey!!), which went over well in the chemo room. And maybe someday I'll post a picture of something besides me . . .

Today's health report is that my IV worked well, and they left it in another day, so here's hoping it works tomorrow again, too. I also found out that the steroids I'm on make it hard to go to sleep, which explains my late-to-bed experiences of late. Fortunately I've still been able to get ample sleep, and have my indigestion almost entirely controlled.

4 comments:

  1. I like pictures of you!

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your blog, why would I want to see other pictures. It is so wonderful to be in Cincy and "see" you in Phoenix and read how you are from your "spunky" blog, as Pastor Joel called it in his communique of this day. Reading your blog has become part of my daily prayer time. By just reading I feel I'm standing next to you, breathing God's healing white light over and into you along with the chemo, anti-nausea meds, steroids, etc.

    peace love joy hope

    welda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf on you! it looks super adorable! Its nice to see pics of you smiling!

    love
    margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, on this your most difficult day, I have no words of wisdom. I can't tell whether your turban looks like a shepherd or a wise womyn, but I like it. Glad you're considered "senior" in your neck of the woods". And here's praying you get through Thursdays & Fridays of your treatment weeks.

    ReplyDelete