Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cutting My Toenails

So. I haven't written in two days. Not that I haven't been virtually prowling around this place. I must confess to a sort of narcissistic attachment to my own writing, but I usually confine my obsessive re-reading to my journal. There just hasn't been too much excitement to report. I mean, my stomach was a little upset yesterday, but I did feed it an In-N-Out burger, fries, and a shake for lunch after chemo. So here's a list of all the Normal People Kinds of Things I've been doing the past couple days. Because when you Have Cancer, people seem to get excited when you do Normal People Kinds of Things.

Went to the grocery store
Made a smoothie (as in, I made it myself, not had someone make it for me)
Went to work
Spent a bunch of time fawning over my new iPod
Talked to a few friends I haven't seen in a while on the phone
Cut my toenails
Went out to lunch with my Dad
Dried the dishes
Worked on my finances
Folded an origami elephant

While this makes for a pretty mundane post, it points to a much happier circumstance, which is that my body is feeling well enough to allow me to concentrate on other things. Like cutting my toenails.

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Did you order your burger Animal Style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Oh man I miss that place. Burgers just aren't as tasty anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, your mom gave you me the address for your blog last week but haven't had a chance to get on the computer until now. Just wanted to tell you what joy and privilege it is to be one of many who are a part of your care. You smiles always brighten my days so much. It has been such a blessing to know you and your family. I just wish it were under a whole different set of circumstances. Can't wait to hear about your dancing tonight!! See you Wednesday! - Shirley

    ReplyDelete