Thursday, September 24, 2009

Worry

Here's the question I wish I'd thought of before 10:30 the night before I go in for surgery: I'm having this port installed because they can't get good IVs started in my one accessible arm anymore. They have to knock me out at least partways to put the port in. Don't they need to start a good IV to do that?

This is also a weird surgery because thus far in my life I've only had surgeries to remove offending body parts (wisdom teeth, Grazelda). This time they're going to put something in and leave it there until I have another sugary surgery to remove it. And all the pictures I've been shown of the exact kind of port I'm getting (a Power Port) show it as purple - they're going to put a piece of purple plastic in my chest!

Sugary's at 7:30 am tomorrow (well, Friday) west coast time, so we have to be at the hospital super-early. I should go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment