Wednesday, September 30, 2009

T-Shirt Turban Lessons

Chemo chemo chemo. Ugh.

It went well today - I went in early to see the doctor and get a blood draw before my big drip trip. Good news all around: He was pleased with my tumor marker count from last week (27) and how my port is healing, and my PTINR is back to "perfect," which means my blood is as thin as they want it. Chemo was pretty blah except the very last part when the same woman as yesterday sat down by me.

Yesterday she'd been admiring one of my favorite headcoverings, a light, soft purple cloth I wrap into a turban, but despaired that she would ever be able to wrap something that complicated. I told her I'd show -nay give (it's too small for my big bald head anyway) - her the easy T-Shirt Turban that honestly looks pretty similar but is very simple to wrap. So, today I brought it with me, and we had headwrap lessons there in the chemo room. She seemed pleased, and I was happy to be useful.

I got a good nap this afternoon, in the middle of my Glampire reading, and while still not super-hungry in the evenings, fajitas brought by some kind friends were delicious. Allison and I went on a mini-walk to get our pseudo-exercise, and now we're watching Cinderella. I'm retaining lots of fluid, and it doesn't feel good, but when that's the worst of it, it's a good day for a Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment