Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Musical Week

This week for low-impact evening entertainment, and to get my nose out of Glampire novels, if only for a brief time, Allison and I have declared Musical Week:
Saturday: The Producers
Sunday (the Day of our Lord) we rested, of course
Monday: Silk Stockings (1950s Fred Astaire flick)
Tuesday: Godspell
There's more on the docket, enough for the rest of the week, checked out from our phenomenal local video store, Casa Video.

Chemo wiped me out again today, and I didn't feel a whole lot like eating supper - not sick or anything, just not hungry. But Allison made this delicious sausage lasagna (see rampant sausage craving from Salt of the Earth post) and honeydew, so it wasn't exactly hard to eat either.

I'm getting my chemo pudge on again, and the uncomfortable breathing that comes along with it, but not too much else happening. And my port still rocks.

5 comments:

  1. Margaret,
    Thanks for sending the card to Cincinnati Mennonite. We had it there on Sunday and it's on the back table for folks to look at.
    Also, did you know the lectionary readings for the month of October are on the book of Job? Too bad Job didn't have a blog, but I guess he sort of did with his book and all, plus his lousy friends got to leave their comments. You have better friends.
    If you don't mind, I may quote from your blog this Sunday and compare it some to how Job was dealing with his ordeal.....
    If God ever speaks to you from a whirlwind, you should definitely let us know what s/he has to say about all this.
    Enjoy the musicals.
    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel, I did not know that Job was up on the lectionary this coming month. Interesting . . .
    I would be honored to be quoted in your sermon. Does responding to this via blog post put me in the post-email set of congregants? Or does writing a paper note in some way mitigate that? (I still claim luddite status at heart!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret,
    A luddite-at-heart blogger. I'd say that puts you in the category of a complex 21st centurian, much like many of us.
    Haven't yet selected a piece from the blog to quote yet. You sound a lot different than Job, which is maybe a point in itself. Haven't cursed the day of your birth yet or anything have you? Had any friends parroting theological statements that miss the point? Demanded divine justice? Ever asked the question WWJB? What Would Job Blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, having a little trouble posting here.

    Joel, you are officially too funny because of your connections betweehn job-ing & blog-ing

    Margaret, I want you to know you're being thought of especially much during the Thursday-Friday process of your chemo week.

    Lots of love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, sermon update...in preparing the sermon last week I decided that the blog reference will work out better this coming week (three part series on Job).

    ReplyDelete