Wednesday, September 2, 2009

There Were Shepherds, Abiding in the Fields

So, here's an American Cancer Society-recommended easy turban made from the bottom portion of a T-shirt (thanks, Jen!). Mom and I are trying to figure out whether it looks more like a shepherd or a wiseman. Thoughts?



I haven't been feeling too peachy today, suffering from some stubborn stools, if you'd really like to know. Since everything's connected, that brings on some low-level nausea, and with all the fluids I'm once again +10 pounds since Monday (when else can a woman just proclaim that with no shame whatsoever attached?!). I did get in a really quality Post-Chemo nap. My new sleep-inducing trick: Lake Wobegon podcasts. Also, Mom got me a blender today, so hopefully delicious milkshakes are soon to follow. And supper by friends is so so lovely, as it was again today. Thanks to all involved in that endeavor.

Two more days of chemo this week - and keep sending those positive vibes for this great IV to hold!

4 comments:

  1. I think the turban looks REALLY REALLY comfortable. Could I wear one even with hair?

    I could recommend some even more sleep inducing podcasts if you need some!

    Hooray for the blender and a good iv!

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a Wise Woman turban.

    And, do you know what would have happened had there been three Wise Women instead of Wise Men?
    They would have asked for directions and arrived on time. They would have cleaned the stable and made a casserole. And they would have brought practical gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Myrna, your so cute!! I think Margaret looks like a Wise Woman Sherpardess. Yeah, I need some wrap-around things for winding my hair up, too. The 36" in squares ought to work, huh? Milk shakes. Hey, one more day to go in the chemo-week.

    peace love joy hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burn on Garrison Keillor! I hope your real Friday of chemo goes smoothly--love you much!

    ReplyDelete