Thursday, September 3, 2009

train wreck

I got an email from my boss today that reminded me of one of my less-obvious rights to frustration, which I will now proceed to complain about publicly. Now, largely because of company history, because Community Home Repair was started by and still has a strong volunteer force of retired church folks in Tucson for the winter, we only work 4 days a week. Yes, for the past three years of my life, I have been luxuriating in the most wonderful equation that Thursday=Friday. Well, this is not so in chemo-land. My "bad" weeks are literally Monday through Friday, a full five days of sitting in the chair, waiting for my fluids, my VP-16, my Cisplatin (and on Bonus Bleomycin days, that too) to drip into my arm and poison my cells, coming home to a nap, and whatever else I can eek out of my dwindling energy levels. In other words, I feel awful today, Thursday, and I have to go back for more tomorrow, even though it really feels like time for the weekend. ugh.

And yes, Allison, even those with head hair are welcome to wear Wise Womyn T-Shirt Turbans (and any other headwraps). I'll show you how to make one when you come.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Margaret,

    Eat or drink whatever you want: veggie drinks, fruit drinks, ice cream, or mashed potatoes, anything.

    Are you up for a movie? If you can sit through one, try 'Julie and Julia'. It's a true feel-good.

    Read anything, from a silly novel to research on an eco-engineering issue like how to use run-off water from sump pumps or rain drains.

    Sleep and nap. Sketch desert plants, and listen to your favorite music.

    Hang in there. Our hearts are with you. We read your blog every day.

    We're here.

    greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, you are a wise woman indeed and deserve a "head wrap"! I concur, take very good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete