Monday, November 9, 2009

everybody's gotta wait in line

Here's what I know:

I have a PET scan on Thursday. 
I have a blood re-test next Monday.
I have a doctor's appointment next Wednesday.

That bit I wrote last week about needing lots of patience to get through cancer is so very true.  Today was pretty rough as I found those things out in a series of phone calls.  It is not an easy thing to sit on my laurels and wait for answers to my page of questions that can be summed up in two words: "What's next?"  But that's about all I can do for now.


Also.
While the following sentence may sound like a great metaphor for something, please don't go there.  My words are quite literal:
Today I discovered I can't taste the salt in my own tears. 
Huh. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you noticed, but you posted this on the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall.

    I'm looking forward to celebrating the 20th anniversary of when Margaret kicked the crap out of Grazelda.

    love ya,
    alan

    ReplyDelete