Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Bonus Bleo Report

Bonus Bleomycin Wednesday 3.2 went off without a hitch. I was brave and took the stick without the numbing spray that was starting to irritate my skin. I dripped so fast, my nurse Shirley (who reads this sometimes because she's that awesome!) had to suck the air back out of my lines. And I got to take the surgical superglue off my port incision, so it looks like a very small scar now instead of a scary Frankenstein badge; It will protrude like a very misplaced anklebone until they take it out or I gain 30 pounds, but it's not that obvious if you're not looking for it. I was home by 11:30 and hung out and ate lunch and rested without incident. My friend Jeanne took me, and I really enjoy showing people my friends at the chemo room.

The downer was that my friend Liz, who's 80-something and also has ovarian cancer came in today, too. I was happy to see her, but she hasn't been doing as well and now has to come in every week for chemo, which is a change in her regimen because her tumor markers had gone up instead of down. Stupid cancer.


In all the excitement about the accordion, I failed to mention the very sweet collection of cards I received this week from the kids' Sunday school class at Shalom in Tucson. I guess I'm doubly impressed because I didn't really believe in cards till I was 15 or so, but now-a-days they really keep me going. Thanks for thinking of me, guys!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I guess I should read up on the mechanics of IV drips! It sounds very strange to suck the air out of your veins!

    Congrats on Bleo 3.2!

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the accordion -- Just promise, no playing Lady of Spain, OK?????

    ReplyDelete