Sunday, October 25, 2009

Frozen Banana!

It was a hard week in Tucson, my chemo hometown, and kind of hard to describe beyond detailing my dynamic body mass (I don't have a scale, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm back to 120 by this evening).  The expected side effects came on schedule and are abating - tender armpits, sore throat, fatigue, minor constipation.  And yet, by Thursday I just felt awful, just totally knocked down.  I didn't have the energy to write eloquently about it either.

I made it, though.  My friend Miriam is here to take care of me now, and I know enough about this yucky cycle to make plans for tomorrow beyond resting and reading.  Oooo, like blood test tomorrow morning!

My new favorite food:  frozen banana  (extra cold + extra potassium = yummy healthy goodness)

No comments:

Post a Comment