Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vegetable Korma

It was a very leisurely sort of day here. My friend Rachel is visiting from St. Louis, so we did a lot of hanging out, enjoying the phenomenal weather that is October in Tucson, as well as some cooking of vegetable korma. It was creamy and delicious, exactly what I was craving.

Sometimes I worry that I might run out of Profound Insights On Cancer, or at least hit some periods lacking in Medical Novelty, and I wonder what I would write about when that time comes. It seems there is a de facto rule against people on the chemo drip writing food blogs: with the slightly altered state of my tastebuds, posting recipes would be a bad idea (way too much salt, etc.), and my chemo comrades could be nauseated just by reading affectionate accounts of double-decker-chicken-tomato-goat-cheese pizza (I didn't know such a thing was legal till I ate one).

But, I am hugely grateful that my senses of taste and smell (and my high-power meds) allow me to ingest adequate nutrition without nausea and even enjoy it much of the time. Being a Penner, and a Bartel Woman, food is pretty central to my well-being and so, lacking more directly cancer-related material (such as accordions and toenail clippings) it would be my tendency to write about whatever awesome lasagna or fajitas or blackbean dish was for supper. So if I start writing mostly about what's for dinner - and I'll try not to - take it as a good sign. I'm feeling well, eating well, and in good spirits.

Blood Test Results: Still too thick.
Note to self: Study harder.

High in Tucson tomorrow: 84.
Note to self: Go hiking.

Weekend Plan: Pumpkin Soup in its own Shell.
Note to self: Yum.

3 comments:

  1. I see no comments about math. Are you helping Rachel study?

    SVS (on KB computer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO< NO< Do post the recipe for vegetable korma, please!!!! And do study harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, what is it that you're planning to study?
    Second, I don't think it's illegal to post about food or recipe, especially not with the hearty stock (e.g. your mother) in your blood ... I'll just make another note to myself to reduce the salt.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete