Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cancer and . . . Halloween

It was Bonus Bleomycin Wednesday today, and the closest day to Halloween I was scheduled to go into the chemo room.  Now usually I don't really get into Halloween that much.  But having chemo - and being bald! - near Halloween seems like a situation that begs to be taken advantage of, especially around other folks in the same, involuntarily bald situation.  So I put on the nicest wig I own and wore it into the chemo room.  I got a characteristic high five from Dr. Hank Hallum, Dr. Jennifer Hallum assured me it looked natural, and I got a lot of smiles from everyone else. 


In fact, it was such a good time, I wore it to the grocery store afterwards!  (Miriam is my witness).  I am developing even better costumed plans for Tucson's big deal Day of the Dead parade, as hopefully Grazelda will be quite gone by then.  I will definitely post pictures when that time comes.  

Incidentally, I googled "chemo" and "Halloween" and there were approximately 2 semi-relevant posts.  Is this not an obvious time to bust out an extravagant costume and socially cash in on months of baldness?!  

I'm feeling well, the drip was fine today, and I even went on a walk that required long sleeves, a sweater, a scarf, and the hat that I wore, well, it left me wishing I'd picked a warmer one.  Happy Early Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment