Friday, October 16, 2009

Moving Day, Again

Today Mom and I moved all my stuff, again, to my duplex where I'll be spending the rest of the year. Well, mostly Mom packed and moved and did laundry and cleaned, and I unpacked. I felt less pathetic than last time; I did a little more than the sitting and pointing that was the last couple moves, but I still found myself lacking in energy and fortitude of the arm (the thrombophlebitis is a little worse today). So, I am very grateful for a Mother to do the heavy lifting (literally and figuratively).

There were also some friends to welcome me home - and they all wore their headscarves for the occasion!


Dante the Lion



Fredrich Bear the Great


Big the Dog



Gorge the Monkey
(This picture is especially for Adele, probably the youngest reader of this blog, who often wants to see pictures of monkeys - I don't know if a blue sock monkey counts, but it's the only monkey I could find in my house!)

5 comments:

  1. Have fun in your "new" place!

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite impressed that all the guys chose headscarves instead of ball caps. Truly supportive friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Fredrich looks good for his age! His headscarf makes him look very festive. Glad to see that you are feeling so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth- up close Fredrich is pretty well worn ( = well loved), especially his tattered outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am glad he is well loved! I remember buying him when you all moved to Germany. I think Margaret debated on naming him after a certain 5th/6th grade crush... but ended up with Fredrich because of his sophisticated outfit! Glad to see that Fredrich is still around and very much well loved.

    ReplyDelete