Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cancer and . . . Pumpkin Soup

When you get cancer you're supposed to use it as a call to finally realize all those dreams you had been dismissing as impractical or putting off till later, right? Like making pumpkin soup in its own shell . . .


Success!! The pumpkin held, and the soup was good and salty enough that I could taste it. Thanks to Rachel for having the mad impressive muscle and steely courage to get it in and out of the oven.

Other happy events today included:
My mother arriving from Cincinnati.
Baking chocolate chip cookies.
My first ever impromptu accordion recital.

Living the Dream,
mp

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, and I'm impressed it was in the pumpkin! We made pumpkin curry soup a few days ago - one of my favorite fall recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, looks like a party in a pumpkin!

    love,
    Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret! I'm so glad you put a link to this on your gchat status! I can't believe how much has happened! You are such an inspiration and I'm so proud of how you are taking all this. I know you will be an example and a strength to so many people who have to go through this with or after you. I'm sooo glad I have a way to keep up with you too! :)

    Missing our csotortok parties (how does one add umlauts to o's?)

    Libby (From BSM)

    ReplyDelete